CR-410 Chroma Meter
The CR-410 chroma meter is a user-friendly, hand held color measuring instrument which can be used on a variety of surfaces in many types of applications. Featuring a 50mm aperture, this unit can measure on its own or, for advanced features and on-site printing, be connected to a data processor
The handheld CR-410 Chroma Meter is the successor to the CR-310, and of course they’re completely compatible. Existing data can be used with the new unit, so current CR-310 owners will find upgrading easy.
Not only can the unit store up to 1,000 measurements internally, or 2,000 when the data processor is connected, it’s easy to use. The CR-410 Chroma Meter features a 50mm aperture, and since it’s portable it has the ability to be used in various applications to measure multiple kinds of surfaces and different types of products
The compact, lightweight data processor is battery operated (or can be connected by AC adapter) and enables users to print results on-site for easy labeling. The CR-400 series features a user index function allowing customers to configure evaluation and color calculation formulas as desired. This feature is extremely useful when industry-specific or customized formulas are used instead of the versatile color system and standard evaluation formula (L*a*b*).
Color-difference graphs and pass/fail information can be displayed on the instrument’s LCD screen, and can be set in one of six different languages including French, German, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, and of course, English. Type user comments right into the results, or customers can use the data processor to determine channel names. If users need to accommodate target types like powders, pastes, or liquids, a variety of accessories are available to accommodate.
The CR-410 Chroma Meter’s compatibility with SpectraMagic NX software makes it easy-to-use, and the software displays multiple views of data results that can easily be edited. Sophisticated QC applications, such as checking for color difference is possible by associating target data of the primary target to two or more secondary targets.
With the CR-410 Chroma Meter’s easy drag-and-drop functionality, users can quickly put information into the software for easy interpretation after printing. Preconfigured templates are available, and a variety of graphs can be used to display information, plus users can see information at a glance right in the available status window. Easily transfer older data—compiled with older software—into the newest updated software with complete compatibility. Easily transfer data into Excel, and use the Navigation Function and Color Tutorial for more information.
- Easy-to-use– menus and buttons are clear and easy-to-understand
- Portable– completely portable with battery power; or use the AC adapter. Measurements can be taken anywhere thanks to the light-weight design
- Data processor– measuring head can measure alone, or utilize advanced features with the data processor, and the unit features a high-speed printer for easy, on-site labeling
- User defined evaluation formulas– allows users to configure the color calculation formula and evaluation formula and as desired; useful for both customized formulas or industry-specific formulas
- Easy to upgrade– compatible with its predecessor, the CR-310, and takes functionality to a whole new level
- LCD screen– capable of displaying both pass/fail information and color-difference graphs
- Text entry– data processor allows the user to enter the names of calibration channels and color difference target colors, and users can input comments as well
- Six languages– German, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French and English
- Stores Measurements– can store up to 1,000 measurements, or attach the data processor and store up to 2,000 measurements
- Calibration function– if the instrument needs to be calibrated it automatically notifies the user
- Abundant accessories– accessories are available for easy measurement of liquids, pastes, powders, and many other application types
|Name||Chroma Meters Measuring Head|
|Illuminating/viewing system||Wide-area illumination/0° viewing angle; specular component included)|
|Detector||Silicon photocells (6)|
|Display range||Y: 0.01% to 160.00% (reflectance)|
|Light source||Pulsed xenon lamp|
|Measurement time||1 sec.|
|Minimum measurement interval||3 sec.|
|Battery performance||Approx. 800 measurements (when using batteries under Konica Minolta’s testing conditions)|
|Measurement/illumination area||Φ50mm/ Φ53mm|
|Repeatability||Within ΔE*ab 0.07 standard deviation (when the white calibration plate is measured 30 times at intervals of 10 seconds)|
|Inter-instrument agreement||ΔE*ab: Within 0.8 Average of 12 BCRA Series II colors|
|Observer||2 ° Closely matches CIE 1931 Standard Observer (x̄2λ, ȳλ, z̄λ)|