Color Assessment Cabinet (Color Light box) Operation Manual
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS—Read and follow all instructions before you attempt to assemble or operate the unit.
RETAIN THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE—Once you have read this manual, keep it handy for others to read or refer to when they need to operate the unit.
PROTECT FROM WATER AND MOISTURE—Maintain electrical safety when you use this unit. Do not use it in an area where there is possible hazard of electric shock from spilled water or other liquids or uncontrolled moisture.
CLEAN PROPERLY—You can wipe the unit with a clean, white lint-free cloth. Do not apply liquid cleaners or agents containing wax, since these can yellow and change reflectance and gloss properties. Clean outer surfaces with a dampened cloth containing a mild soap.
UNPLUG UNIT BEFORE CHANGING LAMPS—Always unplug the unit before you change lamps.
DO NOT OVERLOAD CIRCUITS—Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords. This can result in a risk of fire or electric shock. Periodically examine all cords to make certain that they are not damaged, cracked or twisted. Cords that show any signs of damage or wear should be replaced immediately.
AVOID HEAT SOURCES—Do not use the unit near heat sources such as radiators, heat registers or other heat producing appliances.
DO NOT OPERATE DURING LIGHTNING STORMS—During a lightning storm, unplug the unit to avoid electrical power surges or unnecessary power drops that could result in damage to lamps and electrical circuitry.
SERVICE PROPERLY—With the exception of lamp replacement, do not attempt to service this product yourself. If you should attempt unauthorized repairs, you may invalidate the warranty that is active on your unit. For any other malfunctions in operation, contact Technical Service.
DAMAGE REQUIRING SERVICE—The unit must be serviced by qualified service personnel when the unit has been dropped or damaged, water or other liquid(s) have been spilled into the electrical components or the unit does not operate normally.
Name Kelvin Watt Lamp Type Uses
D65 6500K 2×18W Fluorescent International Standard
PHILIPS 18W/965 Artificial Daylight
TL84 4000K 2×18W Fluorescent European, Japan
PHILIPS TLD 18W/840 Shop Light Source
CWF 4200K 2×18W Fluorescent Cool White Fluorescent
PHILIPS TLD 18W/33 USA Shop Light Source
F 2700K 4×40W Bulbs Sun-setting Light
PHILIPS E27 Yellow Light Source
UV / 1×20W Fluorescent Ultraviolet Lamp
GE F20T12/BLB Black Light Source
U30 3000K 2支×18W Fluorescent Commercial Fluorescent
PHILIPS TLD 18W/830 Light Source
A 2850K 2×60W Incandescent Typical Home/Accent Lighting
PHILIPS Light Source
The Color Assessment Cabinet that can be used for color evaluation under specified
- Balanced light that conforms to or exceeds published international standards for the visual evaluation of color
- An elapsed time meter
- “Instant-on” capability to eliminate warm-up delays
- A membrane keypad for rapid switching between illuminants with fingertip control
Color Assessment Cabinet, suitable for all industries which has high requirement on color consistency and quality- e.g. Automotive, Ceramics, Cosmetics, Foodstuffs, Footwear, Furniture, knitwear, Leather, Ophthalmic, Dyeing, Packaging, Printing, Inks and Textile.
In different light and weather condition, there’s different radiant energy, when they irradiate on an article, it might appear color differences compare with the original. Regarding to color management in industrial production, when a checker has compared the color consistence between mass production and samples, it would be very helpful to do the testing on the color assessment cabinet; it would supply the tester a stable light condition then reduce the error. It’s also very important to use standard light source to check color difference in night duty.
Besides D65 light source, the TL84, CWF, UV, and F/A light sources are available in this Lamp Cabinet for metamerism effect.
Figure – Color Assessment Cabinet Assembly
- Place the Bottom Panel (#D) on a clean, smooth surface.
- Fix the Panels (#B,#C & #D) as the above Figure shows, place the Neutral Grey sides
- Caution! In the following step, DO NOT RELEASE THE HOST MACHINE until you are certain that all Tube Caps are properly seated in their sockets. Move your fingers out of the way before you release the Assembly.
- Lift the Host machine up and place it over the four Tube Caps. Rest it on the two rear Tube Caps and gradually seat the Host machine onto the two front Tube Caps in a hinge-like motion. When you are certain that the Host Machine is secure, release it. This completes the Assembly. Proceed to the OPERATION section of this manual.
- Applying Power to the Cabinet
Make certain that all lamps are properly seated, and that the unit is placed on a stable, vibration-free surface. Plug the power cord into the female cord receptacle, and then plug the cord into a properly rated wall socket. The display screen will indicate power is on. (Electric supply must comply with nominal electricity of the cabinet.)
- Selecting a Light Source, Press the button label:
* D65 for the daylight source;
* TL84 for European & Japan shop light source;
* CWF for the cool white fluorescent source;
* U30 for the commercial fluorescent source;
* UV for the ultraviolet source.
* A /F for the incandescent source;
Note: The ultraviolet source (UV) can be used in combination with any of the light sources or by itself for evaluation of optical brighteners, whitening agents, or fluorescent dyes or pigments.
Put articles at the center of the bottom in cabinet. The ideal observe angle is 90 degree line of light source, 45 degree line of sight (see Figure.1). Could adjust the angle to fit for different testing article. Comparing the color of two or more articles put them parallel to be tested.
- Changing Lamps & Fuse Check
CAUTION: Unplug the power cord from the power source before you replace the lamps and fuse.
- Check the elapsed time meter of the control pad to make certain that 2000 or more hours have elapsed since lamps were installed. We recommend that all lamps be changed after 2000 hours of unit operation.
- Refer to Figure 2 below to follow the replacement configuration. Replace all lamps.
Note: The F or A bulbs, Tungsten Halogen lamp should not be touched with bare fingers because the oil from the skin will reduce lamp life.
- After replacing the lamps, clear the past running time of old lamp (calculate time from zero) as follows: light up new lamps, insert small screw driver into the central hole of CLR and then press it (the timing of lamps did not lit up will not zeroed). Note: To avoiding error zeroing, don’t press CLR key only after replacing lamp.
- Open the socket cover back of the cabinet, then exchange the fuse.
- Electrical Parameters
Power supply: AC 220V 50/60Hz □
AC 110V 50/60Hz □
Power: Less than 300W
- Color Assessment Cabinet Maintenance
- Warranty period of Color Assessment cabinet is one year (man-made damage or lamp aging is not in this scope).
- The running time and times of turn on/off will affected the life of lamps. If there is a need on turn on/off the lamps in short a time, we suggested keeping it on. In theory, the lamps startup one time equal to running one hour of the lamps.
- The lamps used in the cabinet are differing from the ordinary lamps for daily life, when the lamps have to be changed, please buy the lamps from professional franchiser.